First I'll mention that this coming August will be two years already since my total knee replacement. There is no pain in my knee, although it's a bit stiff and I can't bend it back as far as it should go. Walking down stairs and up is still hard, not because of my knee though, It's osteoarthritis growing rampantly through out my body. I never took note on when this all started but it's been a very long time since I started feeling pain in my pointer fingers and lumps started to develop around my knuckles. If I had to guess than maybe 20 years ago.
Indeed this is a very slow progression, sorta creeps up on you. I don't know what more I could say about it except that I am not alone. 40 million persons in the United States are affected by arthritis, including over a quarter million children! (according to my google search hehe)
All that said has created another serious problem,,, House cleaning, organizing and gardening.
I am the cause of the stink from my obsessive smoking, this probably won't change.
Wyandotte has a huge coal soot problem, we wash window sills every few days, the soot is back it gets into the house on the walls floors rugs. Not much I can do about that, but keep wiping it up. My vacuum cleaner is too heavy for me to push so it doesn't get much use by me. Even pushing a broom takes all my energy and strength.
My favorite pass time is crochet, i'm now finding carpet beetles in the yarn so I've decided to toss it all out, and not buy anymore , just keeping my threads, this will free up several plastic bins that are full up, never again will I purchase garage sale yarn. (This is how I feel about it now anyway) This is heart breaking but needs to be done, besides my hands can't hardly crochet more than a hour at a time then two days rest. Maybe one day soon I'll go yarn bombing and get rid of all the things that I made just to make stuff not really for any reason or for anyone.
Anyway getting to our bedroom, is something I've avoided for ooooo lets say 16 years?
It's only been painted once, when we first put new drywall up some 30 years ago, so that's 30 years of built up smoke and soot.
First thing I needed to do was go through all the stooopid papers in boxes, looking at each one then shredding, this took me probably a week, maybe two.
Next I emptied my 90 year old hand-me-down crappy dresser and got rid of clothes, I made the ole boy do his also but he only got to 3 of his 5 drawers done :-( His dresser is 90 years old at least. Both dressers look like something from a garbage dump, not even solid wood . I've pretty much never bought any furniture, except my dining table and couch.
Not that these things don't interest me, it's just a huge pain to shop. I admit, the furniture stores around here sell nothing but crap. but I suppose its better than the crap I have so I don't know what I'm thinking.
The room is now emptied and we've hired our neighbor who happens to be a painter, and over the entire summer he will paint then paint some more until he doesn't want to do it anymore, starting with my gross and embarrassing bedroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment